Thursday 16 September 2010

Tongue Twisters

teach your students pronunciation using tongue twisters,and have fun with them.
here are my favourite ones:
1-A big black bug bit a big black bear, made the big black bear bleed blood.
2-. Betty Botter bought some butter,
“But”, she said, “This butter’s bitter.
If I bake this bitter butter,
it will make my batter bitter.
But a bit of better butter -
That would make my batter better”.
So she bought a bit of butter,
better than her bitter butter,
and she baked it in her batter,
and the batter was not bitter.
So ‘twas better Betty Botter
bought a bit of better butter
3- A cheap ship trip.
4- I can think of six thin things and of six thick things too.
5-A proper cup of coffee from a proper copper coffee pot
6-She sells seashells on the seashore.
The shells she sells are seashells, I’m sure.

you could challenge your student to read and repeat the tongue twiters quickly . I`m sure you`ll laugh a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment