Friday 6 August 2010

getting the students ready to get started.

After setting the rules and motivating students to learn English, I start teaching some of the most used sentences and verbs in the classroom, because I don’t want my students to use their mother tongue all the time. Some of the most used verbs in class are: read, write, listen, look, copy, match, complete, repeat, and of course shut up! Well, just kidding lol. I don’t use this last verb in my classroom. I use other methods to discipline my students and make them pay attention and that’s what I’ll talk about later in one of my posts. So stay tuned ;)

Here are some of the sentences that I teach to my students in the first or the second sessions. I entitle this section “useful language”
1- Sorry, I don’t understand.
2- Can you repeat please?
3- What does ‘apple’ mean?
4- How do we say ‘une fille’ in English?
5- Can you speak slowly please?
6- Can I go to the toilet?
Here again, you can add more sentences that you find relevant and important to your classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment