Friday 6 August 2010

The first English lesson

The first English lesson for many teachers is the alphabet. For me, the first lesson is self introduction, introducing people, and greeting. How I do that? It’s very simple. I draw two little characters on the board (If you’re not a good drawer you can draw just little heads with eyes and mouths.) I give then names like John and Sara. I write nothing on the board I just say the whole conversation myself, I use a little bit of acting. I repeat the conversation like twice and then I call a volunteer. We repeat the dialogue, and then I ask students to repeat the dialogue in pairs. Students are encouraged to use their own names.
Here is the dialogue:
John: hello I`m John. what's your name?
Sara: my name`s Sara.
John: nice to meet you.
Sara: nice to meet you,too.

No comments:

Post a Comment